Sr. Staff Software Engineer
- Goleta, CA
- Full Time
True Digital Surgery is a World Leader in Computer-Guided Microsurgery. We combine 3D visualization and guidance software applications focused on improving accuracy, efficiency and outcomes for surgeons and patients. Our medical imaging and guidance system employs advanced real-time 3D graphic capabilities and proprietary software that is sold to surgeons and hospitals all over the world.
The Senior Staff Software Engineer will design, develop, and implement software solutions. Analyze user requirements to create and improve the efficacy, efficiency, and reliability through software applications. Identify and leverage technologies to increase team productivity. Lead and mentor software team members during product development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Write well-designed and testable code
- Troubleshoot and modify existing software to improve performance
- Integrate new hardware into software systems
- Execute the full application development life-cycle
- Lead product planning by determining feasibility, requirements, and by proposing solutions
- Create and maintain software documentation including descriptions, flowcharts, diagrams, and source code comments
- Assist with developing software validation and quality assurance procedures
- Continue professional development by keeping up with current development tools, programming techniques, and programming methodologies
- Evaluate new and updated existing libraries, development tools, SDKs and lead team through adoption.
- Determine system performance standards.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Specify system architecture including visualization pipeline, threading, parallel (GPU) computing, device management, datalogging, event and GUI systems.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from four-year college or university; may have M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field. Must have fifteen to twenty years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to work with basic linear algebra.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook or equivalent.
The following software knowledge is also required:
- Strong experience in Object Oriented design and programming
- Strong experience with programming in C++
- Strong experience with multi-threaded system design
- Strong experience with using various design, implementation, and testing tools.
- Strong experience with version control systems (eg. Git, SVN)
- Strong experience with user interface design
- Strong experience with standard programming concepts, best-practices, and procedures
- Working knowledge of Scrum or other Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color, distance and close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment
To respond to this opportunity, please apply through this ad.
For more information about us, please visit www.truedigitalsurgery.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.