Vice President of Engineering & Innovation
True Digital Surgery is a World Leader in Computer-Guided Microsurgery. We combine 3D visualization and guidance software applications focused on improving accuracy, efficiency and outcomes for surgeons and patients. Our medical imaging and guidance system employs advanced real-time 3D graphic capabilities and proprietary software that is sold to surgeons and hospitals all over the world.
The Vice President of Engineering & Innovation oversees and supervises the company’s engineering and product development efforts. The VP is a key participant in the creation of the company’s strategic plan and product roadmap and works closely with the Advanced Development and Innovation Fellow. Recruits’ product development teams & leaders to handle these efforts, and directs R&D teams through budget approvals, scheduling, and deadline management. The VP also leads efforts with Sales, Marketing and Operations to define & bring new products from research-concepts to market implementation. The VP will report directly to the president/CEO and will serve as a member of the executive team.
SALARY AND PAY TRANSPARENCY
Salary range for this position is between $175,000 and $240,000. Base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, education, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and all applicable company benefits.
The salary range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and manage the talented R&D team to deliver new product introductions, product improvements, and new operational efficiencies.
- Participate in leadership meetings and strategic planning to set corporate objectives, and to take accountability for their implementation.
- Provide leadership in defining the product pipeline which supports the corporate strategies & plans.
- Develop, and have approved, product plans that are executed on time and meet identified objectives within budget.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to define product requirements.
- Work closely with Operations to efficiently commercialize new product concepts.
- Develop the organization by recruiting critical scientific skills and manage expansion of technical resources.
- Leverage strengths of current team members, help clarify roles & responsibilities, and implement appropriate skill development to reach individual and organizational goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. science, engineering, or related field from a four-year college or university; or ten + years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook or equivalent.
The following software knowledge is also required:
- Experience with user interface design
- Experience with standard programming concepts, best-practices, and procedures
- Working knowledge of Scrum or other Agile development methodologies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color, distance and close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment
To respond to this opportunity, please apply through this ad.
For more information about us, please visit www.truedigitalsurgery.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.